Sunday, October 28, 2007

The Story So Far, Continued...

Monday night, October 22, we were evacuated from the RV park in Black Star Canyon where we are currently living in our RV. Many of you know of all the fires burning in California, we live in the area where the Santiago Canyon Fire is.

A little back history first: My wife & I have had some financial woes; a few months ago my wife fell down our stairs and while not causing any injury it did keep her from working. We were already having problems keeping up with the mortgage payments so now it was time to put our Silverado Canyon house up for sale before foreclosure proceedings could start. The day after we signed the papers with our Realtor I was laid off from my job of almost 11 years. These events were actually answers to prayer. We had been praying about what to do about the house, the next morning my wife falls down the stairs. God was definitely saying, “Get out of the house.” I had been praying what to do about my job (it is part of the building industry and not doing well) and God said, “No worries, you're outta there!”

We own our 24 foot Class C Motor home and decided to move into it, along with our 5 dogs, at a local RV park here in the Silverado area and move all of our belongings into storage. As we were doing this both of us were sending out resumes and going to interviews in search of jobs.

Fast forward again to Monday, October 22; I had been watching the fire at the mouth of Silverado Canyon and trying to decide if we should evacuate or not. I went back to the RV to thinking I'd check back in an hour to see how the fire was doing. Minutes after returning my wife got a phone call with a job offer and she accepted! About a hour hour after that the authorities came through the RV park telling us to get out. We left my car, our Seadoos and a few other items and moved the RV and my wife's car to the parking lot of our church to spend the night. The next morning (Tuesday) we got a knock on the RV door to find our Pastor and one of the Elders. The Elder has an estate in Orange Park Acres (a horse community in Orange) where he once owned an RV and has a pad with water & electric hookups. He and his wife invited us to stay there until the evacuation is lifted! Once we got the RV moved and setup I noticed a message on my cell phone; it was an offer of a job for me which I quickly accepted!!

God has continued to provide through all of this, not only provide but to bless us!! Even the midst of all this fire and evacuation God has blessed us with jobs and a place to stay.

God is good, God is gracious, God is real!!

Although we may not be back into the canyons we both will start our jobs on Monday and will praise God the whole way.

Remember; God loves you, He has a plan for you and He wants to be intimately involved in your life!

Praise God!!!

The Sun as seen from Orange Thursday morning

No comments: