Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Is the glass half empty or half full?

I received an email from a family member which prompted me to take a closer look at my current situation…

What came to mind was the “half glass” scenario; is the glass half empty or half full? Candace and I have had a rough time for the last 5 or 6 years; medical issues, the job market, our financial situation and a bunch of other miscellaneous etcetera. For this scenario let’s say the glass represents God’s Blessings. The pessimist believes the glass is half empty while the optimist believes it is half full… but I, as a believer in Jesus Christ, believe we are half way to another FULL glass of Blessings.

You see, we don’t have many material things anymore or much money to get more, but we have God and we have each other. We have a God that loves us with Agape Love, a love which is unconditional. It doesn’t matter to Him what we have or don’t have, He loves us anyway, always has and always will! And because of that love He will take care of us.

God also gave me a beautiful bride, a wonderful wife who also loves me. She, along with Jesus, help to keep my world from spinning out of control!

With God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, the Holy Spirit and the bride God gave to me, we have everything we need!! Everything else is simply added blessings.

So… I guess my final answer to the “half glass” question would be: “Our glass is always full and constantly overflowing.”

No comments: